- A research-led and learning-focused university – where holistic and flexible learning and research takes place inside and outside the classroom;
- An anchor institution in the region, connecting communities, industries and academics;
- A hub in the research and innovation landscape, focusing on the strategic international development of critical academic alliances;
- A place with a sense of community, where collective leadership matters, and where one is inspired by the exceptional people around.
The Guide to South African Higher Education | 18th Edition
University of Western Cape
An Engaged University
The University of Western Cape (UWC) positions itself as an engaged university - a nexus of research, teaching and learning that responds to the needs of a society in transition in critical and creative ways.
In its mission, UWC strives to be a place of quality, a place to grow.
UWC is committed to being:
UWC has seven faculties;
- Community Health
- Economic Management Sciences
- Natural Science
University of the Western Cape International Relations Office
Private Bag X17, Bellville, 7535, South Africa
Tel: + 27 (0) 21 959 2487 / 2884
Fax: + 27 (0) 21 959 2655